Saturday, June 7, 2008

Durango, Colorado

Lately, Mike and I were just wanting to take a little trip and get away. That finally happened on Memorial Weekend. We went to see our friend's Chris and Elizabeth in Durago, Colorado.

I have never been to Durango and I LOVED it! It was so beautiful there. The first day that we were there we went into the town and walked around. It is very touristy and had a lot of different shops around. Mike was in heaven because that weekend they had a biking race. So he was able to sit and watch all the bikers do their thing. (I'm pretty sure he wished he had brought his bike so he could get in on the action!)That night we went to dinner and had the two best things ever....Sushi and Coldstone! :)
















The second day we were there, we decided to take a little nature hike. Chris first took us to a spot where people do a lot of rock climbing. Chris showed off his skills of rock climbing that he is perfecting, and Mike and I climbed a small rock just so we could see the view.


The second place we went to was a trail that we hiked for about an hour. Again, there were rocks everywhere to climb, and this time Mike thought that he would try climbing a bigger rock than the first one we climbed together!

I made Chris take the pictures because I didn't want to watch Mike climb up the rock....just in case he fell, I didn't want to have to witness that! :) However, the biggest milestone of the hike....Yes, even bigger than Mike's rock climbing!....was that this was Lil' Mayhem's first outdoor hike. He was in puppy heaven!

All in all we had a great time! We had a bit of a weather shock....70 degrees is cold for us when we are coming from 100 degrees! But other than that, it was the perfect weekend get-away!

3 comments:

Gavin and Natalie said...

Hey pretty girl! I love your hair! You always look so gorgeous. Your pics from Colorado look fun. Maybe next time you can make it over our way. :) Love you! Talk to ya soon...

Lori Harris said...

Hello Peters,
I found your comment on Blake's blog. I put a permissions link on my blog and I don't know if you can get on to it??? I saw my name on your link list. Email me at jbharris1@msn.com and I'll email you the permissions link.
Fun trip you went on!!

Bryan and Laura Taylor said...

Dear Shannele, I have found a lot of people through Nat's blog. So glad to see you are happily married! Can't believe we are actually old enough to be married!! Love, Laura Wood