Thursday, July 10, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!!!!




The Fourth of July was spent in Tucson, AZ this year. Mike and I drove down Friday morning and spent the entire weekend there. It was so much fun. We played in the pool all day on Friday and had a barbecue with the family. We were missing a couple of people though.....Robert, Grant, Stephanie and their kids, Ashley & Cameron, Kimball, Ammon, and Dustin (whose on a mission). But when you have a family this big, its almost impossible to get everyone together at the same place! :)

That night we went to go watch the fire works, but we were disappointed to find out that they went off earlier than what we thought. So we played with Sparkler instead. It always seems to amaze me that no matter how old I get, I still love SPARKLERS! :)

The next day we decided to go to the Desert Museum. I was told that it was like the zoo but with desert animals. Hmmmmm....I should have caught on right then that it was going to be outside. I'm not such a bright one at times and thought that we would be spending times indoors. WAS I WRONG!!! We ended up walking through the desert in over 100 degree weather looking at animals that I would rather be running away from! (Snakes, Lizzards, Scorpions, ect.) Although it was extremely hot, and we were sweating to death, we still had a lot of fun with each other.

I was so happy that we were able to go to Tucson for the 4th of July weekend. I hadn't seen Melissa and the girls since our wedding! And now there was a new addition....Little Mathias! He's the cutest thing! And Mike and him had a little bonding time! :)It was a perfect weekend.

2 comments:

Lori Harris said...

I love the picture of Mike holding the baby. He seems a little unsure of what to think. Looks like you guys are doing well.

The Llewellyn's said...

Fun week! I love the pix.