Monday, January 19, 2009

My Amazing Husband!!!!


Many of you know that Mike is a really active person....and if you don't know that, I'm sure that you have read about it through our blog. He has done triathlons, 1/2 marathons and is looking forward to training for the 1/2 Ironman this year! It is amazing to see the drive and determination that he has!

Every time he completes something I am so proud of him and have to share with everyone! Sunday (Jan 18th), Mike completed his first full marathon! (That is 26.2 miles in case you didn't know.) He had been planning on doing this for a couple of months and had his mind set.

We woke up at 4:45 on Sunday morning so that I could take them to the dropoff point. From there, I would go to different mile markers to cheer him on! Every time I would see him run past me, I was so proud and amazed at how he does it all! It is unbelievable to me, that a person can have the drive to run that long of a distance!

I am so happy that Mike was able to accomplish, yet again, another physically challenging goal! He is an inspiration to me and I couldn't be happier for him! Great job, Honey! I love you!!!

4 comments:

Lori Harris said...

Great job Mike! What awesome accomplishments you have done.

Elise said...

Mike - You are awesome! Congrats!!

Kunz fam said...

Way to go Mike! What an accomplishment! I am proud of myself for making it a mile. I want to eventually do a half marathon one day. I need to get going on that. We miss you guys!!

Thad and Amanda said...

Wow Mike that is Awesome, great job! I was trying to add you guys to my blog but I don't have an email address, send me an email to amanda_g2122@hotmail.com and then I can add you. You guys look like you are doing great, hope all is well.