Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy Holidays!!!!

Mike and I had a VERY busy Christmas Holiday season! We had been planning the entire year to go up and see my dad in Idaho for Christmas, and at the same time try and fit in my mom and family along with Mike's parents and family! But it took a lot of planning and a little stress!

Mike and I asked the doctor as soon as we found out we were expecting if I was going to be able to get on an airplane. He said that "it should be ok" but he wouldn't know until it got closer. So every doctor's appointment I would ask the same question.... How is it looking for Christmas? :) In November, he told me that it should be fine but he would be doing an actual physical test a couple days before we left. If I was dilated at all, he didn't want me going. However, Mike and I felt confident and bought out NON-REFUNDABLE tickets anyway.

As Christmas started to get closer, we started getting anxious and I started to get really nervous about being dilated. I felt good up until about 2 weeks before my appointment, and it was then that I started getting really achy and uncomfortable. So I knew that I was going to be getting good/bad news!

Tuesday December 22nd was my appointment. I walked in with Mike TRYING to be optimistic. It was a bitter sweet feeling because I wanted to see my dad for Christmas so badly, but at the same time if I was dilated I knew that we would be getting to see Nixon very soon! So I was anxiously waiting. As expected, when the doctor checked me, I was dilated to 1 cm. He looked at me and said that he wasn't sure he would let me go and I instantly got tears in my eyes. He knew that I was looking forward to this, so he decided to do an ultrasound to see if I was thinning. After the ultrasound, not only did I get GREAT news about being able to see my dad on Christmas, but we also got the BEST gift by getting to see our daughter's face for the first time! It was one of the best days we have had so far....that is until she actually gets here!

So with that, we spent Christmas Eve with my mom, Steve, Ashlee, Ammon & Ty in Tucson with family friends. Christmas morning we drove back to Scottsdale to spend Christmas afternoon with Mike's parents and family. Then Christmas evening we boarded the plane to spend Christmas night with my dad & Carolyn! It may have been an EXTREMELY busy and nerve wracking holiday, but it was one of the best one's we have had together since we have been married!

No comments: