Monday, January 4, 2010

Nixon's Nursery Is Complete!

With the Holidays and getting ready for the baby, I haven't been the best blogger! However, I am going to be changing very soon because I want to make sure that I am updating everyone on our little family!

The most recent event in our household is finishing up Nixon's nursery before she gets here....And everyone, including the doctors think she will be coming soon! For months we only had her furniture in the room and the walls were VERY bare! However, I figured since I had time off I would finish it up and get everything organized....I believe they call it "nesting" and I've been nesting BIG time!!!!

Mike and I picked out the color scheme of pink, sage and brown after we looked at all of the bedding. Mike wasn't the biggest fan of the pink, but he did like what we chose. Next was trying to get all the decorations up! We LOVE her name so we figured we would post it up in a couple different places.


You can't see it too well in this picture, but above her dresser/ changing table is her full name in 3 plexiglass frames....Nixon Sommer Peters. Underneath the frames is a mirror that we placed a vinyl lettering saying. It says "The nearest thing to Heaven is a Child" I absolutely love the way it all turned out!

The next part was trying to figure out what was going to go by her crib. I had seen many of my friends and family paint the name and hang it on the wall, so I decided to go with this as well. I found some fun letters and painted them pink and hung them with the sage bows. On the other wall I decided that I would just hang her comforter that came with the bedding. It was too thick of a blanket to place in her crib, but at the same time, it was too pretty to hide in the closet! So I figured we would display it and use it as decoration! :)

Lastly was the wall with the windows and glider..... now it doesn't look like too much now, but it will in about a month. This is the only thing that hasn't been finished. On Sunday, Mike and I will be going to go take professional Prenatal "Belly" Pictures. I thought that it would look really cute it there was a picture of Nixon's "mommy" and "daddy" with her in my tummy. So above the glider will be an 11 x 14 sepia picture of Mike and I with Nixon in my tummy. Those pictures will definitely get posted as soon as we get them back! :)

And there you have it.... our baby girl's room is complete and we are definitely ready for her to come!!!!! Only 41 more days til my due date and who knows, hopefully she will come a little sooner than later!

1 comment:

Lori Harris said...

What a cute nursery!!! I love it. Good luck these next few weeks!!!!

Love the 3D ultrasounds, they are so neat!!